1. When did you first come to San Diego?
1991. I was just a little tyke.
2. What is your favorite thing/attribute/place in or about San Diego?
All of the To’s. Alberto’s, Roberto’s, Adelberto’s, Humberto’s, you get it, right? I might die without good Mexican food.
3. What is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
Ponce’s for Mexican food and legit margaritas, Alchemy for brunch (bacon…in an already delicious bloody mary …yes please), Craft and Commerce for the fried chicken, Burger Lounge for the veggie burgers and Jayne’s Gastro pub for the killer pub fare (bangers and mash!!) and cocktails that are super deeee-licious.
4. What are your top 5 shows/concerts that you’ve been to?
You meant 5-ish, right?
Radiohead, Coachella 2004
Sigur Ros, Copley Symphony Hall 2008
Mute Math, Street Scene 2007
M83, Club Nokia 2012
Metric, House of Blues
International Noise Conspiracy, Glass House
Muse, Greek Theatre
Refused, FYF Fest 2012
Twin Shadow – Great American Music Hall 2012
5. What are the 20 albums that you can’t live without?
In no particular order:
• Metric – Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?
• Fiona Apple - Tidal
• Noise Ratchet – Why We Cry
• Beatles – White Album
• Bat for Lashes – Two Suns
• Refused – The Shape of Punk to Come
• Sigur Ros – ( )
• Starflyer 59 - Gold
• MeWithoutYou – A->B Life
• Elliott Smith - XO
• Metric - Fantasies
• M83 – Saturdays = Youth
• Rilo Kiley – Take Offs and Landings
• Muse – Origin of Symmetry
• Stars – In Our Bedroom After the War
• Thursday – Full Collapse
• The Anniversary – Designing for a Nervous Breakdown
• The Blood Brothers – Burn, Piano Island Burn
• Dashboard Confessional – The Swiss Army Romance
• Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
6. If you could be one rock star for a day, who would it be (name and era)?
Emily Haines, now.
7. Who is the most intimidating person you’ve ever met?
Matthew Bellamy of Muse, in reality he is a very sweet and gracious person, but in my mind I was meeting one of the most talented live musicians I have ever seen, so, I intimidated myself?
8. If you went into the witness protection program and had to rename yourself, what would it be?
Why would I tell you that? Isn’t secrecy the point of witness protection…?
9. If you had to create a burrito, what would be in it and what would its name be?
Beans, cheddar and burrata cheese, red onion, Tapatio, Campari, Bourbon, and French Macarons. It would be called “Why Not?”
10. What books would you recommend that everyone read?
Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, Maia by Richard Adams, Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury and The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub