Pyles takes the Staff Survey...
1. When did you first come to San Diego?
AT THE AGE OF FOUR I ARRIVED IN OUR FAIR CITY, LANDING ON THE EDGE OF MT. SOLEDAD BROUGHT HERE BY MY FAMILY FROM THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF MINNESOTA BY WAY OF GARDEN GROVE AND WEST COVINA, BUT I REMEMBER NOTHING OF MY LIFE UNTIL WAKING UP HERE...
2. What is your favorite thing/attribute/place in or about San Diego?
THE LOCAL MUSIC SCENE
3. What is your favorite place to eat in San Diego?
SUSHI MAN, MARUKAI, MITSUWA, NIJIYA, LUCHA LIBRE, EL ZARAPE, LAS QUATRO MILPAS
4. What are your top 5 shows/concerts that you’ve been to?
• KISS/CHEAP TRICK - SPORTS ARENA, 1976
• THE CLASH/THE ENGLISH BEAT - GOLDEN HALL, 1981
• RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, NIRVANA, PEARL JAM - BING CROSBY HALL, 1991
• ALL COACHELLA'S 1999 AND 2001 THROUGH TODAY
• TOM PETTY/BECK - COORS AMPHITHEATER, 2006
5. What are the 20 albums that you can’t live without?
EVERYTHING BY THE BEATLES AND RADIOHEAD...
6. If you could be one rock star for a day, who would it be (name and era)?
JIM MORRISON 1967
7. Who is the most intimidating person you’ve ever met?
MARK E. SMITH OF THE FALL, BUT THEN I DID A WHISKEY SHOT WITH HIM AND IT WAS GOOD...
8. If you went into the witness protection program and had to rename yourself, what would it be?
9. If you had to create a burrito, what would be in it and what would its name be?
LOBSTER AND SCALLOPS, YOU'D CALL IT TASTY...
10. What books would you recommend that everyone read?
THE ACID HOUSE BY IRVINE WELSH