WEEKDAY MORNINGS 5:30AM TO 10AM
Click the banner and submit your original video demonstrating why you need LASIK from Clearview. Videos may be funny, serious, dramatic, etc., so let your creativity flow! TWO (2) LASIK candidates will win a free Custom LASIK procedure at Clearview Eyes. One serious and one funny submission will be selected as winners.
Woods interviews Rami Jaffee from The Wallflowers - 05-01-2013
Woods interviews Big Boi from 'Outkast' - Listen to the whole interview - 03-13-2013
1. When did you first come to San Diego? I moved here in January of 2010.
2. What is your favorite thing/attribute/place in or about San Diego? The beaches, Petco Park, The Coast Highway.
3. What is your favorite place to eat in San Diego? Hapifish Sushi in Encinitas. I highly recommend the Boneyards roll. Of course I hate seaweed, so I get mine in soy. I will regularly eat 2 and my record is 3.
4. What are your top 5 shows/concerts that you’ve been to? 1. Afghan Whigs-Chicago Metro-1965 tour. I went by myself, was front row, and waited in a blizzard to meet Greg Dulli. It didn't happen. Almost got frostbite. 2. Deftones-Troubador 2012-They played a pretty private show for about 300 people. That band in that venue was sonically insane. 3. Pearl Jam-Alpine Valley, WI 1998: My best friend Kevin came up from Dallas and we watched about 70,000 people sing "Better Man" and Eddie almost cried. 4. Pearl Jam-Las Vegas 10/22/2000: It was the 10th anniversary of the first show they ever played together. It was the first time they performed Motherlovebone's "Crown of Thorns". Amazing. 5. Jason Isbell & Ryan Adams: October 2011-Balboa Theatre: Two of my favorite singer/songwriters on the same stage in the same night. Ridiculous. 5a: Loretta Lynn: House of Blues Dallas 2009: My wife and my favorite movie, our movie if you will is Coal Miner's Daughter. She asked for a request, I called out "Honky Tonk Girl" and she obliged. My wife cried. Hey...whattayawant I'm from Texas.
5. What are the 20 albums that you can’t live without? 1. Afghan Whigs: Gentleman 2. Beck: Sea Change 3. Crosses: EP 1&2 4. Deftones: Koi No Yokan 5. Deftones: Diamond Eyes 6. Led Zeppelin Box Set 7. Elliott Smith: XO 8. GNR: Appetite for Destruction 9. Ratt: Dancing Undercover 10. Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit: Self Titled 11. Ryan Adams: Demolition 12.Jeff Buckley: Grace 13. John Lennon: Power to the People 14. KOL: Because of the Times 15. The Lemonheads: Come on Feel the Lemonheads 16. Queens of the Stone Age: Rated R 17. The Cure: Disintegration 18. Team Sleep-Team Sleep 19. Remy Zero: Villa Eliane 20.STP: Purple
6. If you could be one rock star for a day, who would it be (name and era)? Paul Stanley 1970's. I considered and still often consider getting the rose tattoo on my shoulder like the Starchild.
7. Who is the most intimidating person you’ve ever met? Patrick from the Black Keys.
8. If you went into the witness protection program and had to rename yourself, what would it be? Ace Frehley.
9. If you had to create a burrito, what would be in it and what would its name be? The Woody, of course. Carne Asada, Guac, Sour Cream, light cheese, salsa. I'm pretty basic.
10. What books would you recommend that everyone read? On the Road: Jack Kerouac, The Dirt: Motley Crue's bio, Scar Tissue: Anthony Kiedis bio, Cash by Johnny Cash, No One Here Gets Out Alive-Morrison bio, Less Than Zero, Imperial Bedrooms, A Staggering Work of Heartbreaking Genius, A Million Little Pieces, My Friend Leonard, Bright Shiny Morning.