Join us for the 7TH Annual San Diego Zombie Walk part of Comic Con on Saturday, July 20th and follow us to the Zombie Walk After Party at Bub's @ The Ball Park for a shot at winning COMIC-CON® passes!
Wear FM 94/9 gear and get zombified to be part of our zombie pack!
-Saturday, July 20th, 2013 @ 6:30PM
- Arrive at the meeting location beginning at 6:00PM and no later than 6:20PM.
- The zombiewalk begins at 6:30PM sharp, so do NOT be late.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 5:30PM, as we don’t want to cause a ruckus beforehand.
- We will meet at Childrens Park; located on Island Avenue, between Front & 1st, in downtown San Diego.
- The meeting location is within a very short walking distance of the San Diego Convention Center. If you’re coming from other locations around San Diego, public transportation (SDMTS) is readily available. There are also MANY parking lots in the area, but their pricing will be high and spaces are limited. We strongly urge use of public transportation or carpooling.
- To get to the meeting location from the Convention Center, walk west toward Marriott Marquis & Marina and cross Harbor Blvd. at Front Street. Cross the trolley tracks and the park is on the right.
- If you are using public transportation, go to SDMTS and use “Children’s Park” as your destination.
- As always, the walk is ALL-AGES and FREE of charge to participate. The zombiewalk is open to everyone, not just convention attendees, no badges required! Remember… the more the scarier! This is the perfect way to participate in the fun of Comic-Con without actually entering the convention itself, as you get to dress up and be among fun-loving and entertaining individuals from all backgrounds. This is why we put the walk together year after year!
- Please come dressed and made-up as a zombie. If you need makeup/supplies, please visit Gypsy Treasure, in La Mesa, and tell ‘em the zombiewalk sent you!
- Do NOT bring extra blood/anything messy to the meeting location with you. You may NOT leave blood on the ground in or near the meeting location. You will be asked to leave if you are seen doing so. Please respect our local community. Being a “zombie” does not excuse you from common courtesy.
- We strongly encourage you to get creative with your own outfit & makeup BEFORE the walk as there will be NO onsite assistance with zombification. We are working on possible zombification options for you prior to the walk itself… stay tuned for more details.
- Please be sure to check out our walk guidelines. They are important to make sure we have a walk that is fun & safe for everyone involved and/or watching… and ensures our ability to continue holding zombiewalks in San Diego. We’ve had a great seven years, so let’s make sure we can have many more!
Please follow us on Twitter or “like” us on Facebook for up to the minute news! We’ll see you on July 20th!
Q: Will there be a pre-party/afterparty?
A: Information for post-walk events will be announced closer to Comic-Con. The OFFICIAL “Con of the Dead” after party will NOT be taking place this year, as this is a semi-annual event (it will return in 2014). If you see anything related to “Con of the Dead” in 2013, we are not affiliated with it and it is not sanctioned by FEARnet or ZombieWalk:SanDiego.
Q: Where can I best view the zombies?
A: This is something we are working on for this year. We’ll let you know more details when it pans out. Otherwise… please check our FAQ.
Q: Where can I keep up with updates on the zombiewalk and events following the walk?
A: RSVP on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter for up to the minute news! We’ll see you in July!